Microwire Limited provides the EU Energy Focus service to the Department of Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS). For the purposes of the Data Protection Regulation, BEIS is the data controller, and therefore determines how and why personal data is processed, and Microwire Limited is the data processor, responsible for processing personal data on behalf of the controller.
EU Energy Focus, respects and protects the privacy of our contacts, and those who use our website and services. This privacy statement provides details about how your personal information is collected and used. Personal information is any information that identifies you or would enable someone to contact you, such as your name, email address, phone number and other non-public information that is associated with such information.
Information we may collect from you
When you participate in, access or sign-up to any of our services (including our website, newsletter and telephone discussions) or otherwise correspond with us, we receive data about you. This data may consist of information such as your name, email address, postal address, landline or mobile number. Depending on the activity we may also obtain information about the name and type of your business, and its address.
We also check IP addresses from visitors to our website.
Where we store your data
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online and offline. We cannot guarantee the security of your data during transmission from you to us, and you transmit such data at your own risk.
How we use your data
We will use your data for the following purposes:
– To meet our obligations to you
– To provide you with our services, activities or online content and to deal with your requests and enquiries
– To provide you with information about our other services, activities or online content
– To ensure that the content of our websites is presented in the most effective and personalised manner for you
– To administer our websites and our internal operations, including troubleshooting and testing
– To analyse and improve the services offered to you
Promotional and marketing communications may be sent to you by various communication channels. In the case of electronic communications, these will only be sent to you if you have opted to allow EU Energy Focus use of your data for such purposes.
If you wish to change your communication preferences at any time, please do so by contacting [email protected]. In the case of email communications, you may also opt out of receiving future communications by using the “unsubscribe” link provided at the bottom of the email.
Where we propose using your data for any purpose other than those listed above, we will gain explicit consent from you in advance.
How long we keep your data
We will only retain your personal data for as long as:
– it is needed for the purposes set out in this document
– the law requires us to
Disclosure of your data to third parties
We may disclose your data only:
– If the EU Energy Focus contract is transferred to another organisation (for example, as a result of a change in the contractor selected by BEIS to provide the service), in which case personal data held by the Microwire Ltd may be among the transferred assets.
– If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation (including any reporting obligations we may have to the UK Government), or in order to enforce or apply our and other agreements.
– To protect the rights, property, or safety of others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that they have their own privacy policies, and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
You have the right to request:
– information about how your personal data is processed
– a copy of that personal data
– that anything inaccurate in your personal data is corrected immediately
You can also:
– raise an objection about how your personal data is processed
– request that your personal data is erased if there is no longer a justification for it
– ask that the processing of your personal data is restricted in certain circumstances
If you have a request listed above please contact us at [email protected].
Any changes we may make to this policy will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this policy and/or the processing of your data are welcomed. They should be addressed to [email protected].
0845 6000 430
or please complete this contact form